UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
Post Title : Logistics Assistant
Duty Station : Monrovia, Liberia
Duration : Six (6) months initially with possibility of renewal
Type of Contract : Service Contract (SC-6)
This vacancy is open to applicants of either sex. Preference
will be given to equally qualified women candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Procurement Specialist and the direct supervision of the Senior Logistics Officer, the Logistics Assistant performs the following tasks:
• Liaise with UNMIL MOVCON to arrange all UNDP staff movements on UNMIL flights;
• Ensure all relevant security clearances are applied for and approved for staff movements;
• Manage the delivery of all equipment required for the UNDP satellite field offices ensuring pro-active and cost efficient supply routines;
• Maintain a monthly visiting schedule to all satellite field offices to assess needs, including repairs;
• In coordination with the DEX Service Centre, participate actively in the site identification and set-up of new satellite field offices as required;
• Liaise with UNMIL and other UN Agencies to provide logistical services to UNDP when required;
• Maintain and manage the schedule of the UNDP truck;
• Provide operational support of DEX projects;
• Backstop the Supply Officer in the receipt of all UNDP consignments, management of storage of deliveries, issuance of receipts and warehouse stock control when required;
• Provide monthly status reports on the field offices; and
• Perform any other duties as required by the Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
* A minimum of an Associate Degree in a related field;
* 5 to 6 years of progressive experience in Procurement and logistics; Previous experience in working with a UN Organization or an International NGO is plus;
* Must be physically fit;
* Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc);
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, good interpersonal skills and team player;
* High sense of confidentiality and good judgment;
* Ability to take initiatives for pre-emptive measures and most efficient and effective approach to achieve results; and
* Highly motivated, flexible and capable of working under pressure.
This vacancy is open to applicants of either sex. Preference will be given to equally qualified women candidates.
Please note that applications received after the closing date
will not be considered. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
for a written test followed by an interview.
Please forward all written applications to:
Deputy Resident Representative (Operations)
cc: All UN Agencies/ UNDP Projects/Programmes in Liberia
Note: All applications/queries must be addressed to:
For Comments and Suggestions